Sunday, September 22, 2013

Welcome to LadyBug Designs! Here you'll find stories and inspiration, scrapbooking hints and tips, links to great finds, and of course freebies! Hopefully I'll be able to post daily, but if real life gets in the way it may not be that often. As I find great buys or particularly interesting kits, I'll post a link to them along with a little bit about the designer/website. You'll also find ideas for layouts, suggestions for scrapping and maybe some color palettes to consider.

One thing I especially enjoy are the challenges offered on the various digital scrapbooking web sites. I'll try to keep you updated on the ones I really like, where to find them and what the prizes are for each one so you can pick and choose the ones you want to enter. Remember, there are many more on each of the websites - these will just be the ones I really enjoy. Please feel free to post ones you find.

One site you need to be sure to check out is dezines2amaze [see link on right] where I have a store. I'm fairly new there so I don't have a lot of product yet, but am in the process of adding more. The other designers have a lot of great items to snag so check out their stores.

Since this is my first post I'll tell you a little about myself. I started scrapbooking about 10 years ago, but quickly discovered it was quite costly having to buy the papers and elements that could be used only one time...and if I messed up - well, it was money down the drain! Plus it took quite a bit of time to get everything measured and cut by hand...after all, I was still teaching at the time with not so much free time. I discovered digital scrapbooking quite by accident about six years ago and figured out I could create beautiful pages in a fraction of the time without having to purchase more paper and supplies - just reuse what I had in a different way, and if I messed up - no biggie, delete it and start over. Then print it if you want a hard copy. My life changed overnight!! I became a true digital scrapaholic. The past few months I've moved into designing/creating my own elements and papers - a whole different world!

I'm now retired from teaching so I have plenty of free time. With years of photographs just waiting to be scrapped, and MANY years of genealogical research to journal, my days and nights are filled with more than grading papers and preparing lesson plans!

I am a mother of two - one grown son who lives with me and one who went to be with the Lord in 1996. I have one grandson who is the apple of my eye. His mom remarried after my son died and he gained a step sister who is as much my granddaughter as possible. His mom and step dad have a darling little girl who is my third grandchild. I also have fur babies: a standard poodle, toy poodle, and four cats. Yep, we have a menagerie at my house.

I'll close today's post with an invitation to post your thoughts and links to digital scrapbooking sites and/or challenges, kits you like, or even your layouts you want to display. Just be sure to add a link to the kit you used so we can go snag it if we like what we see.

No comments:

Post a Comment