Friday, October 11, 2013

Fall weather didn't last very long around here. It was wonderfully cool at night with temps in the fifties, but now it's back up to the seventies and still fairly warm during the day. I'm so ready for cold weather. I love to drink hot apple cider or hot cocoa while I watch my favorite TV shows. Winter - where are you??

I just discovered a quick little fall dessert - Pumpkin Pie Tarts. It is so simple to make and yummy. Roll out pastry dough to about 1/4 inch and cut with round cookie cutter. The recipe called for a pumpkin cutter, but I didn't have one, so I just used a biscuit cutter. Mix up 1/2 c. pumpkin puree [not pumpkin pie filling] with 3 T. brown sugar and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice. I added a little sprinkle of cloves to give it an extra punch. Drop about 1-2 T mixture in center of one round, moisten around edges with water and top with second round. Press down to seal. Continue until all round are used. Spread top with a little melted butter and pop into oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. If you use a pumpkin cutter, cut out eyes and mouth with a sharp pointed knife to resemble jack-o-lanterns.

Back to scrapping: I just finished another challenge layout and posted it at goDigital Scrapbooking. I love the challenges here because almost every contest earns a portion of a mega kit. By the time all the challenges are completed you have one huge gorgeous new kit - FREE!

Now I'm ready to start a mini-kit for Pixel Scrapper and my part of the November blog train, also at PS, while I'm working on mini-kits for Digital Scrapbook Studio and goDigital Scrapbooking for challenges. Busy little bee here!! But if I wasn't scrapping/designing I'd have to be cleaning house. :)

I signed up for the Layout a Day contest at Pixel Scrapper, but with all the other stuff I have going on, I'm not sure I'll get that done. Sure want to give it a try though.

Will be back with previews of my latest kits and hopefully a freebie for you!

Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment